Champlain Country Club provides a challenging 18-hole, 71-par golf course. Operating as a semi-private course, members welcome guests and the club hosts club and local tournaments. Open dawn to dusk, the course features teeing areas for players of varying skill and a practice facility. Measuring 6,287 feet from the back tees, the course has a
CCC was founded on April 30, 1915, by a group of St. Albans-area railroad execs, bankers, attorneys, and other professionals that wanted a golf course in the region. The club started with 100 charter members and today includes over 300.
In June 1917, after much discussion, CCC agreed to lease 84-acres of land from farmers Fred and Abbie Jewett Furman; it’s where the course stands today. The Homer Carmen Farm was to the north; the JA Warner Farm to the South. The price was $300 a year. The Furman’s and CCC renewed a lease at a similar price after two years. Construction on the original nine holes began in mid-summer of 1917. Play began in the early 1920’s. In June 1921, CCC bought the